IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Gertrude Hermes, 1901–1983, British, Birds, 1925
- Wood-engraving on thin, slightly textured, beige Asian paper
- Sheet: 5 1/16 x 9 1/8 inches (12.9 x 23.1 cm), Image: 3 9/16 x 7 7/8 inches (9 x 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "15/"; lower left: "Birds 11/30 | [...]"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Gertrude Hermes | 1925"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Judith and Norman A. Zlotsky, Yale BS 1953
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | birds | flying | sky
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
20th Century Works on Paper - Recent Acquisitions (Yale Center for British Art, 2001-11-01 - 2002-03-31) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.