IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Gertrude Hermes, 1901–1983, British, The Fishers, 1925
- Wood-engraving on thin, slightly textured, beige Asian paper
- Sheet: 8 1/16 x 9 11/16 inches (20.4 x 24.6 cm), Image: 6 1/2 x 7 5/16 inches (16.5 x 18.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "17"; lower left: "The Fishers"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Gertrude Hermes | 1925"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Judith and Norman A. Zlotsky, Yale BS 1953
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | fish | fishermen | fishing | fishing line | fishing poles | fishing rods | genre subject | hats | labor | lake | men | mountain | oars | ocean | peasants | rowboats | rowing | women | working
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
20th Century Works on Paper - Recent Acquisitions (Yale Center for British Art, 2001-11-01 - 2002-03-31) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.