IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Stothard, 1755–1834, British, August 1st: She Wrote Her Own Line (Vol. 2, p. 141) August 2nd: Amen! [Pretty] Janet (Vol. 2, p. 286), undated
August 1st: She Wrote Her Own Line (Vol. 2, p. 141) August 2nd: Amen! [Pretty] Janet (Vol. 2, p. 286)
- Gray wash with pen and brown ink, and pen and black ink on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 × 4 1/2 inches (9.5 × 11.4 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper left: "Aug 1st | she wrote her | own line | Vol 2- P141"; in black ink, lower left: "Aug 2nd | Amen! pretty | Janet | Vol 2 -P286"
Signed in ink: "T.Stothard"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- doorway | doublet | dresses | footstools | genre subject | horse (animal) | Kenilworth, by Walter scott, 1821 | man | panels and panelling | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.