October 1st: Yeomen Make Room (Vol. 2, p. 335) October 2nd: She Stood With One Foot Advanced (Vol. 3, p. 156)
- Gray wash with pen and black ink on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 × 4 1/2 inches (9.5 × 11.4 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper left: "Oct 1st | Yeomen make | room | Vol. 2-P 335"; in black ink, lower right: "Oct 2nd | She stood with one | foot advanced | Vol 3- P156"
Signed in black ink: "T. Stothard"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archway | aristocrats | cloak | doublets | dresses | fountain | genre subject | guards | halberds | horses (animals) | Kenilworth, by Walter scott, 1821 | pillars | plumes | swords | veranda | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Stothard, 1755–1834, British, October 1st: Yeomen Make Room (Vol. 2, p. 335) October 2nd: She Stood With One Foot Advanced (Vol. 3, p. 156), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.