- October 1st: Yeomen Make Room (Vol. 2, p. 335) October 2nd: She Stood With One Foot Advanced (Vol. 3, p. 156)
- Gray wash with pen and black ink on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 × 4 1/2 inches (9.5 × 11.4 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper left: "Oct 1st | Yeomen make | room | Vol. 2-P 335"; in black ink, lower right: "Oct 2nd | She stood with one | foot advanced | Vol 3- P156"
Signed in black ink: "T. Stothard"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archway | aristocrats | cloak | doublets | dresses | fountain | genre subject | guards | halberds | horses (animals) | Kenilworth, by Walter scott, 1821 | pillars | plumes | swords | veranda | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Stothard, 1755–1834, British, October 1st: Yeomen Make Room (Vol. 2, p. 335) October 2nd: She Stood With One Foot Advanced (Vol. 3, p. 156), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.