`Hold Back, Sir!'
- Pen and black ink, graphite, black chalk, and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- 9 7/8 × 13 15/16 inches (25.1 × 35.4 cm), 11 7/8 × 15 15/16 inches (30.2 × 40.5 cm), and 14 3/8 × 18 1/2 inches (36.5 × 47 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "CECIL ALDIN | Hold Back Sir! | K3 9891"
Signed and dated in pen with black ink, lower left: "CECIL | ALDIN. | O4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- grass | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | jumping | men | rearing (horse) | sporting art | trees | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Cecil Charles Windsor Aldin, 1870–1935, British, `Hold Back, Sir!', 1904
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.