`Hold Back, Sir!'
- Pen and black ink, graphite, black chalk, and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 × 13 15/16 inches (25.1 × 35.4 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 11 7/8 × 15 15/16 inches (30.2 × 40.5 cm), and Mount: 14 3/8 × 18 1/2 inches (36.5 × 47 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "CECIL ALDIN | Hold Back Sir! | K3 9891"
Signed and dated in pen with black ink, lower left: "CECIL | ALDIN. | O4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- grass | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | jumping | men | rearing (horse) | sporting art | trees | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Cecil Charles Windsor Aldin, 1870–1935, British, `Hold Back, Sir!', 1904
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.