"Topping a Park fence and doing the thing easy"
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 10 1/2 inches (20.3 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed top left in graphite: "Topping a Park Fence and doing the thing easy-"; bottom left in artist's hand in graphite: ''H. Alken | 1827"
Signed bottom left in graphite in artist's hand: "H. Alken |1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- equestrian | horse (animal) | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Topping a Park fence and doing the thing easy", 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.