"Topping a Park fence and doing the thing easy"
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 8 × 10 1/2 inches (20.3 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed top left in graphite: "Topping a Park Fence and doing the thing easy-"; bottom left in artist's hand in graphite: ''H. Alken | 1827"
Signed bottom left in graphite in artist's hand: "H. Alken |1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- equestrian | horse (animal) | jumping | sporting art | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Topping a Park fence and doing the thing easy", 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.