Lionel Edwards, 1878–1966, British, Foxhunting in England, undated
Foxhunting in England
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, graphite, gouache and gum arabic on very thick, smooth,cream, wove card paper
- Sheet: 5 1/16 × 10 inches (12.9 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen with blue-green ink, lower right: "FOX HUNTING IN ENGLAND"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- falling | fox (animal) | fox hunting | hedge | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | sporting art | tree
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.