The Quorn towards Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, graphite, gouache and black chalk on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Mount: 19 7/8 × 25 7/16 inches (50.5 × 64.6 cm), Sheet: 19 3/16 × 24 3/4 inches (48.7 × 62.9 cm)
Inscribed in black chalk, lower right: "The Quorn. | towards Ashly de la Zoucn. | Breedon church in distance."
Signed and dated in black chalk, lower left: "Lionel Edwards | 1919"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | fences | fields | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | landscape | men | sporting art | trees
- Associated Places:
- Ashby-de-la-Zouch | Breedon-on-the-Hill | England | Europe | Leicestershire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Lionel Edwards, 1878–1966, British, The Quorn towards Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire, 1919
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.