- Two Shetland Ponies With a Groom
- Oil, watercolor, gouache, and pen and brown ink on moderately thick, rough, beige wove paper
- Mount: 9 5/16 × 10 3/16 inches (23.7 × 25.9 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 6 5/8 × 7 5/8 inches (16.8 × 19.4 cm), and Sheet: 4 11/16 × 5 3/4 inches (11.9 × 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "8"
Signed and dated in pen with brown ink, lower right: "C Hancock | 1834"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | genre subject | groom | horses (animals) | ponies (animals)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hancock, 1802–1877, British, Two Shetland Ponies With a Groom, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.