- The City of Lisbon as before the dreadful Earthquake of November 1st 1755;...
- Hand-colored engraving on wove paper
- Plate: 10 1/4 x 15 3/4in. (26 x 40cm) and DON'T USE: 12 1/2 x 18in. (31.8 x 45.7cm)
...1 The Tower of Belem. 2 The Royal Palace at Belem. 3 St. Amat at Belem. 4 The Mint. 5 The Princes Palace. 6 The Kings Palace. 7 St. Catherines. 8 See Church. 9 Royal Palace. 10 Custom House. 11 The Cathedral. 12 The Castle. 13 St. Vincent / ...1 La Tour de Belem, 2. Le Palais Royal a Belem. 3. St. Amat a Belem. 4. La Monneye. 5. La Palais du Prince. 6 Le Palais du Roy. 7 St. Catherine. 8 L'Eglise du See. 9 Le Palais Royal. 10 La Douane. 11 L'Eglise Cathedralle. 12 Le Chateau. 13 St. Vincent -- Printed for Rob't Wilkinson, No.58 in Cornhil, & Bowles & Carver, 69, St Pauls Church Yard, London
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | cityscape | hills | port | sea | ships
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Lisbonne | Portugal
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
J. Couse, active 1750, The City of Lisbon as before the dreadful Earthquake of November 1st 1755;..
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.