- The Kill
- Watercolor with pen in brown ink, gray ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper, mounted on very thick, smooth, wood pulp card paper
- Sheet: 17 1/2 × 26 inches (44.5 × 66 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "HOWITT, SAMUEL | THE KILL"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center left: "228 | 88"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "39 x 99"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | forest | fox (animal) | fox hunting | hill | horseback riders | horseback riding | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Howitt, 1756–1822, British, The Kill, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.