The Bullfinch: `Black as yer hat on this side and glorious uncertainty on the other'
- ca. 1913
- Watercolor, gouache and black chalk on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 x 21 3/4 inches (37.8 x 55.2 cm)
Signed in brown wash, lower right: "Snaffles"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | field | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | landscape | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Johnson Payne "Snaffles", 1884–1967, British, The Bullfinch: `Black as yer hat on this side and glorious uncertainty on the other', ca. 1913
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.