- George Montague, first Earl of Halifax on His White Hunter, Ironside, With His Groom on Justice, a Chestnut Foaled in 1721
- Gouache, graphite, and pen in black ink and brown ink on moderately thick moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Image: 6 3/16 × 10 9/16 inches (15.7 × 26.8 cm) and Sheet: 6 1/2 x 10 13/16in. (16.5 x 27.5cm)
Inscribed in pen with black ink, lower right: "JS-"
Signed, in pen with black ink, lower right: "JS"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, George Montague, first Earl of Halifax on His White Hunter, Ironside, With His Groom on Justice, a Chestnut Foaled in 1721, 1721
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.