A Lady and a Gentleman Riding Out
- Gouache, with pen, in black ink, and brown ink on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 × 7 1/8 inches (14.3 × 18.1 cm) and Image: 5 3/8 × 6 7/8 inches (13.7 × 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, verso, upper left: "A lady & a Gentleman Riding out -.
Signed, in pen, with black ink lower left: "JS"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | gentleman | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | lady | man | sporting art | tree | whips (animal equipment) | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, A Lady and a Gentleman Riding Out, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.