IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, A Gentleman on a Managed Horse Riding Out With a Lady, undated
A Gentleman on a Managed Horse Riding Out With a Lady
- Gouache, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 × 7 1/8 inches (14.3 × 18.1 cm), Image: 5 3/8 × 6 13/16 inches (13.7 × 17.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, verso, upper center: "A Gentleman on a Managed Horse riding out with a Lady -"
Signed, in pen, with black ink, lower right: "JS"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dog (animal) | figure study | gentleman | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hound (dog) | lady | man | sporting art | whip | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.