Lord Godolphin's White Foot, a Very Famous Horse That Was Never Beat
- Gouache, with pen, in black ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- 5 5/8 × 7 1/8 inches (14.3 × 18.1 cm) and 5 7/16 × 6 3/16 inches (13.8 × 15.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, verso, upper left: "Lord Godolphins White Foot a very famous horse that | never was beat"
Signed, in pen, with brown ink, lower right: "JS"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | horse (animal) | horse racing | jockey | man | sporting art
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Lord Godolphin's White Foot, a Very Famous Horse That Was Never Beat, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.