IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Victorious, undated
- Gouache, pen and brown ink, black ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 5 11/16 × 7 3/16 inches (14.4 × 18.3 cm), Image: 5 3/8 × 6 7/8 inches (13.7 × 17.5 cm)
Signed in pen with black ink, lower left: "JS"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | horse (animal) | horse racing | horseback riders | horseback riding | jockey | man | sporting art | whip
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.