- Gouache, pen and brown ink, black ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textuerd, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 5 11/16 × 7 3/16 inches (14.4 × 18.3 cm) and Image: 5 3/8 × 6 7/8 inches (13.7 × 17.5 cm)
Signed in pen with black ink, lower left: "JS"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | horse (animal) | horse racing | horseback riders | horseback riding | jockey | man | sporting art | whip
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Victorious, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.