The Remains of the Great Temple in Palmira seen from the West. ...
- Additional Title(s):
Les Ruins du Grand Temple dans Palmira du cote de l'Occident. ...
- between 1780 and 1815
- Hand-colored engraving on laid paper
- Plate: 11 1/8 × 15 1/8 inches (28.3 × 38.4 cm) and Sheet: 12 1/2 × 18 inches (31.8 × 45.7 cm)
...1. The Temple of the Sun. 2. The great Column. 3. The Arch. 4. One side of the long Portico. 5. Columns which still support a considerable part of their Entablature. 6. A Building erected by the Turks. -- Printed for Carington Bowles No.69 in St. Pauls Church Yard. Robert Wilkinson in Cornhil, & R. Sayer opposite Fetter Lane in Fleet Street
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | columns | grass | ruins | temple
- Associated Places:
- Middle East | Palmyra | Syria | Tadmor
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, The Remains of the Great Temple in Palmira seen from the West. .., between 1780 and 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.