IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Joshua Cristall, 1768–1847, British, A Groom, Berkshire, ca. 1816
A Groom, Berkshire
- ca. 1816
- Watercolor, graphite, and pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 x 6 1/4 inches (33 x 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower center: "Berkshire"
Signed in pen with brown ink, lower left: "J. Cristall-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boots | breeches (trousers) | genre subject | gesturing | groom (caretaker of horses) | man | reaching | spats | standing | stockings
- Associated Places:
- Berkshire | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.