Design for a Cartouche: Armour, Bugles, etc.
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, smooth, beige, wove paper, mounted on thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/8 × 5 3/4 inches (10.5 × 14.6 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 5 3/16 × 6 7/8 inches (13.2 × 17.5 cm), and Mount: 7 7/16 × 9 3/16 inches (18.9 × 23.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "by Ogilvie | 52 | Earl of Airly | 1 1/4 | 2 | 2 1/4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | bugles | cartouche | design | genre subject | weapons
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Ogilvie, Earl of Airlie, Design for a Cartouche: Armour, Bugles, etc, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.