Ogilvie, Earl of Airlie, Design for a Cartouche: Armour, Bugles, etc, undated
Design for a Cartouche: Armour, Bugles, etc.
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, smooth, beige, wove paper, mounted on thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- 4 1/8 × 5 3/4 inches (10.5 × 14.6 cm), 5 3/16 × 6 7/8 inches (13.2 × 17.5 cm), and 7 7/16 × 9 3/16 inches (18.9 × 23.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "by Ogilvie | 52 | Earl of Airly | 1 1/4 | 2 | 2 1/4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | bugles | cartouche | design | genre subject | weapons
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.