IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Carington Bowles, 1724–1793, British, The Church of St. Mary ye Great at Rome. With ye additional Buildings on each side. Also ye Antique Collumn brought hither from ye Temple of Peace, by Pope Paul V
The Church of St. Mary ye Great at Rome. With ye additional Buildings on each side. Also ye Antique Collumn brought hither from ye Temple of Peace, by Pope Paul V.
- Additional Title(s):
L'Eglise de Stl. Marie Majeure a Rome avec les Batiments additiones a chaque Cote. Et aussy la Colomne Antique du Temple de Paix, opporte icy par le Pape Paul, V
- Hand-colored engraving on wove paper
- Plate: 11 3/4 × 16 3/4 inches (29.8 × 42.5 cm), Sheet: 12 1/2 × 18 inches (31.8 × 45.7 cm)
London, Printed for Robert Wilkinson, 58 Cornhill, & Bowles & Carver, 69 St. Paul's Church Yard
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | church | cityscape | fountain | memorial columns | piazzas
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Lazio | Papal Basilica of Saint Mary Major | Rome
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.