Westminster Abbey and St. Paul's from Battersea Fields
- Watercolor, ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 4 1/8 x 6 3/8in. (10.5 x 16.2cm) and Mount: 6 × 8 7/8 inches (15.2 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "9 12 | Nathaniel Smith | 01670 | London from Battersea"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | agriculture | cathedral | child | churches | cityscape | dress | fields | genre subject | Gothic cathedrals | Gothic churches | hedge | horses (animals) | landscape | plow (agricultural equipment) | plowing | road | skyline | spires | whip | woman
- Associated Places:
- Battersea | England | London | St. Paul's Cathedral | United Kingdom | Wandsworth | Westminster Abbey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Nathaniel Smith, 1740–1787, Westminster Abbey and St. Paul's from Battersea Fields, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.