A Lady Riding Side-Saddle, Turns to Look at a Dismounted Rider
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: sketches of horses and riders
- Red chalk, with graphite; verso: graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 9 5/16 inches (19.1 × 23.7 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 8 1/8 × 9 7/8 inches (20.6 × 25.1 cm), and Mount: 11 1/8 × 12 5/8 inches (28.3 × 32.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: Inside. 1:3: | [?] :[5?]: | [?] :3: | 7:6 | 1:5:6 |1:1" |total 2: 6:6"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | gentleman | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | lady | man | sporting art | whip | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, A Lady Riding Side-Saddle, Turns to Look at a Dismounted Rider, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.