IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, The City of Ancient Rome as in the Reign of Caesar Augustus. Exhibiting in their proper Situations the Public & Magnificent Structures of Rome, in it's highest Glory
The City of Ancient Rome as in the Reign of Caesar Augustus. Exhibiting in their proper Situations the Public & Magnificent Structures of Rome, in it's highest Glory
- Additional Title(s):
L'Antienne Ville de Rome comme elle etoit dans le regne de Caesar Auguste, Representant dans leurs propres situations les Structures publiques et magnifiques de Rome dans sa plus haute magnificence
- Hand-colored engraving on wove paper
- Plate: 11 1/4 × 16 1/2 inches (28.6 × 41.9 cm), Sheet: 12 1/2 × 18 inches (31.8 × 45.7 cm)
Printed for Robert Wilkinson, 58 Cornhil, & Bowles & Carver 69, St. Pauls Church Yard, London
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridges (built works) | cityscape | landscape | monument | river
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Lazio | Rome | Tiber
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.