A Yorkshire Farm
- Watercolor on medium, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/16 × 12 1/4 inches (21.1 × 31.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center : "D537/ P. De Wint 1784-1849 | A Yorkshire Farm | This Drawing belonged to | G Holmes, who with De Wint | was a member of the 'Associated | Artists in Watercolours; and was | bought from Holmes' grandson | LGD | D537"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | clouds | cows | dogs (animals) | farm | figures | landscape | livestock | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | United Kingdom | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
attributed to Peter DeWint, 1784–1849, British, A Yorkshire Farm, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.