IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Gwen John, 1876–1939, British, Kneeling figures in Church, undated
Kneeling figures in Church
- Additional Title(s):
Standing Figures in Church
- Gouache and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 × 6 3/4 inches (22.2 × 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "5 | 38"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "4 | [11?]; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "EJ 1006"
Signed in pen, with black ink, lower left: "Gwen John"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | figures (representations) | genre subject | kneeling | man | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Andrea Bu¨ttner : hidden marriages - Gwen John & Moss, Koenig Books, London; Koln, 2014, pp. 3, 8-9, 52-59, 61, NJ18.B8693535 A12 2014 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.