IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
François Louis Thomas Francia, 1772–1839, French, active in Britain, Running before the Wind, undated
Running before the Wind
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 x 3 3/4 inches (14.6 x 9.5 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | sailing | sails | ship | waves (natural events) | wind
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Turner and the Sea (The Peabody Essex Museum, 2014-05-31 - 2014-09-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Turner and the Sea (National Maritime Museum, 2013-11-22 - 2014-04-21) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Christine Riding, Turner & the sea, Thames & Hudson, London, 2013, p. 154, no. 69, NJ18.T85 R52 2013 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.