A View of Doncaster Racecourse, Drawn From Nature, Sept. 2, 1848
- Watercolor, and pen and black ink on moderately thick, rough, cream, wove paper
- 8 15/16 × 12 15/16 inches (22.7 × 32.9 cm), 7 3/8 × 11 3/16 inches (18.7 × 28.4 cm), and 6 × 9 13/16 inches (15.2 × 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, on mount, lower left: "A View of Doncaster Race Course. drawn From Nature 2 Sept (18)48'"; lower right: "attr. to Thomas Baher of Leanington"; upper right: "4"; center right: "Doncaster Race Course"; lower right: "from Nature | 2 Sept 48"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | clouds | grass | horse racing | landscape | racecourse | trees
- Associated Places:
- Doncaster | England | Europe | United Kingdom | Yorkshire
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Thomas Baker of Leamington, 1809–1864, British, A View of Doncaster Racecourse, Drawn From Nature, Sept. 2, 1848, 1848
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.