A View of Doncaster Racecourse, Drawn From Nature, Sept. 2, 1848
- Watercolor, and pen and black ink on moderately thick, rough, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 8 15/16 × 12 15/16 inches (22.7 × 32.9 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 7 3/8 × 11 3/16 inches (18.7 × 28.4 cm), and Sheet: 6 × 9 13/16 inches (15.2 × 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, on mount, lower left: "A View of Doncaster Race Course. drawn From Nature 2 Sept (18)48'"; lower right: "attr. to Thomas Baher of Leanington"; upper right: "4"; center right: "Doncaster Race Course"; lower right: "from Nature | 2 Sept 48"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | clouds | grass | horse racing | landscape | racecourse | trees
- Associated Places:
- Doncaster | England | Europe | United Kingdom | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Thomas Baker of Leamington, 1809–1864, British, A View of Doncaster Racecourse, Drawn From Nature, Sept. 2, 1848, 1848
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.