The Pool at Evening
- Watercolor on medium, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 × 6 1/2 inches (9.5 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen with black ink, on mount, lower left: "A View of Doncaster Race Course. drawn From Nature 2 Sept (18)48'"; inscribed in pen with black ink, on mount, lower right: "attr. to Thomas Baher of Leanington"; inscribed in graphite, verso: upper right: "4"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "Doncaster Race Course"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "from Nature | 2 Sept 48"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cows | evening | house | landscape | pool | sunset | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Barret Jr., 1767–1842, British, The Pool at Evening, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.