The Pool at Evening
- Watercolor on medium, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 × 6 1/2 inches (9.5 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen with black ink, on mount, lower left: "A View of Doncaster Race Course. drawn From Nature 2 Sept (18)48'"; inscribed in pen with black ink, on mount, lower right: "attr. to Thomas Baher of Leanington"; inscribed in graphite, verso: upper right: "4"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "Doncaster Race Course"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "from Nature | 2 Sept 48"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cows | evening | house | landscape | pool | sunset | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Barret Jr., 1767–1842, British, The Pool at Evening, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.