Coastal Profiles of Dominica and Santa Cruz, after the original by John White in the British Museum [Caribbean and Oceanic, No. 2]
- Pen in brown ink, over graphite, with watercolor and gouache on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 × 8 7/16 inches (24.1 × 21.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, upper left: "The Rising of the Island of Dominica."; inscribed in pen with brown ink, center left: "This Scale convaynethe XXX: myles"; inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower center: "The Rising of the Islande of Santi cruze."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cartographic material | coast | profiles (orthographic drawings)
- Associated Places:
- Caribbean | Dominica | Lesser Antilles | North and Central America | Santa Cruz | Virgin Islands | Virgin Islands of the United States | West Indies | Windward Islands
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Mrs. P. D. H. Page, 20th century, Coastal Profiles of Dominica and Santa Cruz, after the original by John White in the British Museum [Caribbean and Oceanic, No. 2], undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.