- Portuguese Man-O'-War, After the Original by John White in the British Museum [Caribbean and Oceanic, No. 32 A]
- Graphite, watercolor, gouache, and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 × 6 3/4 inches (30.2 × 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen with black ink, over graphite, upper center: "This is a lyuing fish, and flote upon the Sea, Some call them Carvels"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Mrs. P. D. H. Page, 20th century, Portuguese Man-O'-War, After the Original by John White in the British Museum [Caribbean and Oceanic, No. 32 A], undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.