Cooking in a Pot, After the Original by John White in the British Museum [Sir Walter Raleigh's Virginia, No. 48 A]
- Watercolor, gouache, graphite, and pen and black ink on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 × 7 5/8 inches (14.6 × 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen with black ink, over graphite, center left: "The Seething of | in Potts"; inscribed in pen with black ink, over graphite, center right: "their meate. | of earth."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "18"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fire | genre subject | pot | smoke | steam | wood
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Mrs. P. D. H. Page, 20th century, Cooking in a Pot, After the Original by John White in the British Museum [Sir Walter Raleigh's Virginia, No. 48 A], undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.