Windward Islands, Barbados: General Gamble's orderly while the troops were at Gun Hill during the yellow fever epidemic, 1881
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, smooth, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 × 4 3/8 inches (14.9 × 11.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: " The General's orderly while the | Troops were at Glen Hill during | the yellow fever epidemic. Barbados | 1881"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | horse (animal) | man
- Associated Places:
- Barbados | Lesser Antilles | North and Central America | West Indies | Windward Islands
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Lionel Grimston Fawkes, 1849–1931, British, Windward Islands, Barbados: General Gamble's orderly while the troops were at Gun Hill during the yellow fever epidemic, 1881, 1881
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.