Henry VI, Part III: Act I, Scene III, A Field of Battle betwixt Sandal Castle . . .
- Stipple engraving, etching, and aquatint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 28 1/2 × 20 1/8 inches (72.4 × 51.1 cm), Plate: 22 3/4 × 16 1/4 inches (57.8 × 41.3 cm), and Image: 19 5/8 × 14 3/4 inches (49.8 × 37.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "69"; inscribed on verso in pen, lower left: "Henry VI part 3"
Lettered below image, lower left: "Painted by Jas. Northcote."; lower center: "Publish'd June 24, 1793, by J.&J.Boydell, at the Shakspeare Gallery Pall Mall & N.90, Cheapside. | SHAKSPEARE"; lower right: "Aqua fortis by C.G.Playter."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | battle | child | Henry VI, part III by William Shakespeare | literary theme | praying
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Gauthier Playter, died 1809, Henry VI, Part III: Act I, Scene III, A Field of Battle betwixt Sandal Castle . . , 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.