- A Perspective View of Tower Hill and the Place of Execution of the Lords Kilmarnock and Balmerino on Monday 18 of August 1746.
- Hand-colored engraving on wove paper
- Plate: 10 x 16 1/2in. (25.4 x 41.9cm) and DON'T USE: 12 1/2 x 18in. (31.8 x 45.7cm)
B.L. - The governor of ye tower delivering the Prisoners to the Sheriffs of London at the Barn for Execution / B.R. - The View of the Scaffold with the Guards Surounding at the Time of Execution. -- Printed & Sold by R. Wilkinson 58 Cornhill
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | execution | figures | historical subject | people | prisoners | sheriffs
- Associated Places:
- England | Greater London | Tower Hamlets | Tower Hill | Tower of London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Maurer, active 1713–1761, A Perspective View of Tower Hill and the Place of Execution of the Lords Kilmarnock and Balmerino on Monday 18 of August 1746
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.