Symptoms: of Up With a Down Prospect, of Down with an Up Prospect, of Learning to Trot, of a Hard Mouth.
- Part Of:
- between 1818 and 1822
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 9/16 × 9 1/8 inches (19.2 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso: upper left: "of up with a down prospect"; in black ink, center left: "of Down with an up prospect"; lower right: "of a hard mouth"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bull | crash | falling | galloping | genre subject | hats | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | men | sporting art | trotting
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Symptoms: of Up With a Down Prospect, of Down with an Up Prospect, of Learning to Trot, of a Hard Mouth, between 1818 and 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.