Symptoms: of Being Bang Up, of a Fine Woman, of Being Bang Down, Of a Quiet One.
- Part Of:
- between 1818 and 1822
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 × 8 3/8 inches (17.8 × 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center left: "of being bang up"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "of a fine Woman"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "of being bang down"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "of a quiet one"
Watermark: J Green | 1818
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | falling | fan | genre subject | hats | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | men | rearing (horse) | servant | sporting art | whip | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Symptoms: of Being Bang Up, of a Fine Woman, of Being Bang Down, Of a Quiet One, between 1818 and 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.