Symptoms: of Full Pay, of Half pay, of a strong attachment in the Dog, of anything but go, of no strong attachment to the Horse
- Part Of:
- between 1818 and 1822
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 15/16 × 8 11/16 inches (17.6 × 22.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center:"of anything but go---"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "of no strong attachment to the Horse"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- canine | club | dog (animal) | falling | fighting | genre subject | hats | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | men | sword | violence | whip
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Symptoms: of Full Pay, of Half pay, of a strong attachment in the Dog, of anything but go, of no strong attachment to the Horse, between 1818 and 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.