IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Turbaned Cavalryman Standing Beside a Horse, undated
Turbaned Cavalryman Standing Beside a Horse
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/8 × 6 1/2 inches (11.1 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "13 | 2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cavalry | genre subject | horse (animal) | man | military art | standing | sword | turban
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.