Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Turbaned Cavalryman Standing Beside a Horse, undated
Turbaned Cavalryman Standing Beside a Horse
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/8 × 6 1/2 inches (11.1 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "13 | 2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cavalry | genre subject | horse (animal) | man | military art | standing | sword | turban
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.