Wounded Turkish Cavalryman in Danger of Failling From His Horse...
- Graphite on medium, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 × 7 15/16 inches (15.2 × 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "14"; inscribed in pen with blue ink, verso, upper center: "10" (other traces of erased and illegible blue ink on the verso)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cavalry | falling | genre subject | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | injured | man | military art | sword | wound
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Wounded Turkish Cavalryman in Danger of Failling From His Horse.., undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.