IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Knight Falling From His Horse at a Squire's Tilt, undated
Knight Falling From His Horse at a Squire's Tilt
- Graphite and red chalk on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 × 8 1/8 inches (12.7 × 20.6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- falling | fighting | genre subject | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | knight (landholder) | men | rearing (horse) | sporting art | squire | tree
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.