- Hussar with High Plume in His Helmet, Mounted on a Horse, With High Held Swishing Tail
- Graphite and red chalk on thin, smooth, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/16 × 5 1/8 inches (18.6 × 13 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, upper left: "An English 2 [t?]ail'd Bashaw"; inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower center: "Learn to show your Charges well -- the better to show yourself"
Watermark: J W III
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- helmet | horse (animal) | Hussards | military art | soldiers
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Hussar with High Plume in His Helmet, Mounted on a Horse, With High Held Swishing Tail, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.