"Sporting Notions": 'I Have a Notion This May be Called "Riding to the Hounds at a Smashing Rate" '
- Former Title(s):
NOTIONS. I have a NOTION this may be called "Riding to the Hounds at a SMASHING rate."
- between 1831 and 1832
- Graphite and red chalk on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/16 × 8 3/16 inches (16.4 × 20.8 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- crashing | dogs (animals) | falling | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | men | sporting art | trees | wall
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Sporting Notions": 'I Have a Notion This May be Called "Riding to the Hounds at a Smashing Rate" ', between 1831 and 1832