"Sporting Notions": 'I Have a Notion This May be Called "Riding to the Hounds at a Smashing Rate" '
- Former Title(s):
NOTIONS. I have a NOTION this may be called "Riding to the Hounds at a SMASHING rate."
- between 1831 and 1832
- Graphite and red chalk on thin, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/16 × 8 3/16 inches (16.4 × 20.8 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- crashing | dogs (animals) | horseback riders | horseback riding | hunt | hunters | hunting | men | sporting art | trees | wall
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA)