"Sporting Notions": 'This Gives Me a Notion it's Better to "Look Before You Leap" '
- Former Title(s):
NOTIONS. This gives me a NOTION it's better to "Look before you Leap"
- between 1831 and 1832
- Graphite with red chalk on thin, smooth, blued white, wove paper
- 6 9/16 × 8 7/16 inches (16.7 × 21.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- accident | crash | falling | hedge | hill | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | jumping | leaping | men | road | sporting art | tree | wagon
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Sporting Notions": 'This Gives Me a Notion it's Better to "Look Before You Leap" ', between 1831 and 1832