IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Sporting Notions": 'I Have a Notion That My Horse Looks Like 40 Guineas in the Pound', between 1831 and 1832
"Sporting Notions": 'I Have a Notion That My Horse Looks Like 40 Guineas in the Pound'
- Former Title(s):
NOTIONS. I have a NOTION that my horse looks like 40 Guineas in the POUND.
- between 1831 and 1832
- Graphite with red chalk on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 9/16 × 8 3/8 inches (16.7 × 21.3 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fence | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | men | reins | sporting art
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.