Illustration for R.S. Surtees', "The Analysis of the Hunting Field": The Meet: 'With Bright Faces and Merry Hearts'
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor over etched outline, with gouache, and pen in black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 × 7 11/16 inches (12.1 × 19.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRH. 10-29."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | fields | hats | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | literary theme | men | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Illustration for R.S. Surtees', "The Analysis of the Hunting Field": The Meet: 'With Bright Faces and Merry Hearts', undated