Illustration for R.S. Surtees', "The Analysis of the Hunting Field": The Leap: 'That Will Shut Out Many, and Make the Thing Select'
- Watercolor over etched outline, with gouache, and pen in black ink on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 11/16 × 7 3/4 inches (11.9 × 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRH. 10-29"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fence | field | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | landscape | leaping | men | sporting art | tree
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA)