Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Doing the Thing: and the Thing Done:" Doing it No How, 1818
"Doing the Thing: and the Thing Done:" Doing it No How
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, over graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 × 9 3/16 inches (15.2 × 23.3 cm) and Image: 5 7/8 × 9 1/16 inches (14.9 × 23 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "HRH. 12-8."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fence | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hunt | hunters | hunting | men | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.