"Doing the Thing: and the Thing Done:" The Down Leap Done
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/16 × 9 1/4 inches (15.4 × 23.5 cm) and Image: 5 15/16 × 9 1/8 inches (15.1 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "HRH 12-9."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliff | falling | fence | hill | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | leaping | men | sporting art
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Doing the Thing: and the Thing Done:" The Down Leap Done, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.