"Doing the Thing: and the Thing Done:" Afternoon. Returning Home in Fine Trim. Doing the Most you Can
- Additional Title(s):
Evening, Doing the Most You Can.
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, over graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/16 × 9 3/16 inches (15.4 × 23.3 cm) and Image: 5 13/16 × 9 inches (14.8 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, verso, upper right: "Evening | Doing the most you can"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: HRH. 12-9."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fields | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | landscape | men | sporting art
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Doing the Thing: and the Thing Done:" Afternoon. Returning Home in Fine Trim. Doing the Most you Can, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.